Call today to speak with a licensed agent: 888-285-9813
We can help you with Medicare Supplment Insurance
Medicare Supplement insurance, also known as Medigap, is an important consideration for most people. We can determine the best options for you.
What is Medicare Supplement Insurance?
Medicare Supplement insurance (also known as Medigap) can help you pay for some of the costs Medicare alone cannot cover, including copays, coinsurance, and deductibles. If you have Medicare and you choose to purchase a Medigap policy, Medicare will still cover your pre-approved amount for relevant care costs.
A Medigap policy is a bit different from a Medicare Advantage Plan. Those plans were designed to help people receive Medicare benefits, while a Medigap policy can only be used to supplement Medicare benefits you are already receiving.
Some Important Points About Medicare Supplement Insurance/Medigap
- Medigap purchasers need to have Medicare Part A and Part B.
- If you already have an Advantage Plan, you are free to switch to a Medicare Supplement policy. However, make sure you are allowed to leave the Advantage Plan before the supplemental policy starts.
- The Medicare Supplement Insurance policy will need to be paid for monthly in addition to your monthly Medicare Part B premium.
- Medigap policies cover only one person. If your spouse wishes to have a policy as well, you’ll need to purchase an additional one.
- Medicare Supplement insurance policies can be purchased from any licensed insurance company in your state.
- All standardized Medicare Supplement policies are guaranteed to be renewable, even for those with health problems. As long as you pay your premium, the insurance company cannot cancel your supplemental policy.
- Any Medicare Supplement insurance sold after January 1, 2006 cannot include prescription drug coverage.
- It is illegal for anyone to sell you a Medigap policy if you already have a Medicare Advantage plan, unless you are reverting to traditional Medicare.
Download our specially prepared flyer regarding Medicare Supplements.
Our experts are here to answer all of your questions.
Understanding all of Medicare's parts can seem overwhelming. Our team is here to answer all of your questions and provide the best coverage options from the best carriers available. You can rest assured that you will secure the right coverage for your unique situation.
We'd love to hear from you!